Quick Note About Acquiring Mountain Dog Chews:
Mountain Dog Chews can only be purchased using the website of their brand: http://www.mountaindogchews.com
Mountain Dog Chews is not selling their products on any e-commerce website like Amazon, Walmart or eBay. Please refrain from purchasing any products sold by their name on these websites because they are not genuine Mountain Dog Chews products and as such do not offer what the actual company is selling.
Most dogs love to chew on things. But have you ever wondered why?
- Puppies (like human babies) often chew because it helps relieve growing pains from new teeth coming in.
- Adult dogs instinctively chew because it’s a natural and healthy way to maintain clean teeth and strong jaws.
- Chewing can also help relieve boredom, anxiety, and frustration.
But even though dogs love to chew, they’re not always good at picking the right things to chew on.
Think about it:
What do shoes, newspapers, and chair legs have in common? They’re all things that have fallen victim to a wandering puppy’s mouth! Aside from the obvious inconvenience for you, many household items can pose a serious health hazard for your dog if used as a “chew toy.” Sadly, dogs can crack their teeth, cut their gums, or even choke because of improper chewing habits.
So, what to do? How do you keep your pet safe from choking or hurting its mouth while also preventing your house from becoming covered in canine bite marks and slobber?
For many pet owners, the Mountain Elk Antler Chew from Mountain Dog Chews is a preferred choice. Read on to learn more about this product and to see if it’s right for your four-legged friend.
About The Brand Mountain Dog Chews
Mountain Dog Chews is a small family-run company that pledges to offer premium, “all-natural, single-ingredient, sustainable” chews and treats for dogs. Their products–including elk antler chews, moose antler chews, and deer antler chews–are 100% made in USA.
They ask all pet owners to “Chews All Natural™” when it comes to providing for their dogs because they believe its a healthier, more eco-friendly choice.
This company also pledges to use healthy, sustainable, and green practices:
- Mountain Dog Chews does not use fillers, preservatives, or any other artificial or synthetic ingredients in their products.
- The elk antlers used by this company have been naturally shed as part of an annual growing cycle. This way, American elks don’t need to be hunted and killed for their products. Additionally, their ingredients come from a renewable resource. Allowing elks to grow and shed their antlers promotes full antler regeneration for the future.
- The company strives to use recycled, recyclable, and reusable packaging materials and other supplies “whenever possible.”
Mountain Dog Chews also use “Grade A” premium elk antlers because it’s considered safer and tastier for dogs. Lower quality elk antler chews often appear and taste chalky, flaky, and dry.
The Pros & Cons Of Elk Antler Chews: What The Customers Say
The Mountain Dog Chews website has over 50 reviews for these medium whole elk antler chews. Most offer 4 or 5 stars out of 5.
In addition to serving as a safe chewing option for dogs, elk antler chews also offer some nutritional benefits. For example, they’re a natural source of glucosamine, calcium, phosphorous, and other elements that support healthy bones and teeth. Many dogs also seem to prefer the earthy natural taste.
These antler chews are durable and long-lasting. Several customers have stated that the product has kept their dogs engaged for hours.
Additionally, many customer reviews note that unlike other natural chew toys (including raw hides and bully sticks), these elk antlers don’t have an unpleasant odor.
As with any dog toy, an elk antler chew can pose a choking hazard if it becomes too small. To ensure your dog is safe while enjoying a chew toy, you should always supervise your animal.
Because these elk antler chews are all natural, the exact size and shape varies. The company notes that the typical medium whole size is between 5 and 8 inches in length and 2 and 3 inches in diameter. However, some reviews have noted that sometimes the chews came smaller than advertised.
Some reviewers also note that the price of Mountain Dog Chews elk antlers is higher compared to other brands. However, most customers seem to feel that the bigger price is worth it considering that the product they’re getting for their dog is safer and higher quality.
Is Mountain Elk Antler Chew Right For Your Dog?
If you’re looking for a natural, safe, and healthy chew product for your dog, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Does your dog love to chew a lot?
- Is your dog between 15 and 45 pounds?
- Will you be able to supervise your dog while its using a chew toy?
If you answered yes to these questions, these medium whole Mountain Elk Antler Chews from Mountain Dog Chews may be a good choice.